My research is mainly concerned with nonlinear optimization. My work has included
- Global Optimization: study of algorithm with theoretical convergence properties and application to different real world problems;
- Semidefinite Programming (SDP): study of optimality conditions for nonlinear programming problems arising as low rank reformulations of linear SDPs, and
nonlinear programming based algorithms for solving SDP relaxations of the max cut problem;
- Generalized Nash Equilibrium Problems (GNEPs): theory and algorithms for specific classes like jointly convex GNEPs and Generalized Potential Nash Equilibrium Problems
- Mixed Integer Non Linear Programming: algorithms for convex functions depending on mixed variables
- Hazardous Material Transportation: game theory based models
You may find an updated list of my publications here (also available on Google Scholar).
I took part to the development of the SpeeDP code that can be used through this website.
- I took part to the development of some of the code of the DFL library downloadable here.
In am currently teaching:
Optimization for graduate students (Facoltà di Ingegneria Ottimizzazione)
In 2012/2013 I taught Optimization for graduate students (Facoltà di Ingegneria Ottimizzazione)
In 2011/2012 I taught:
You may find here an extended curriculum vitae in English and in Italian.
Below, just a short bio:
- November 2013 National Qualification as Associate Professor.
- From 2012 Assistant professor at Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile e Ingegneria Informatica, Università di Roma Tor Vergata.
- From Dec. 2010 Assistant professor at Dipartimento di Informatica, Sistemi e Produzione, Università di Roma Tor Vergata.
- Opt. 2008 - Dec. 2010 Assistant professor at Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Impresa, Università di Roma Tor Vergata.
- Opt. 2007 - Opt. 2008 Postdoc position in Operations Research (MAT09) Department of Computer and Systems Science "Antonio Ruberti'', Faculty of Engineering, Sapienza University of Rome.
- November 2006 - September 2007 appointment contract as researcher in the PRIN 2005 program: Problemi e metodi innnovativi nell'ottimizazione non lineare, Italy.
- November 2000- October 2003 Philosophy doctor in "Operations Research'' at Sapienza
University of Rome. Final exam March the 8th, 2004.
- July, 2001Engineer qualification granted by Engineers Association of
- May the 29th, 2000 Master degree in Computer Science Engineering summa cum
laude, Sapienza University of Rome.